Sunday 17 January 2016

Screen print workshop


This week I was running a screen printing workshop in Deptford at The Albany arts centre. The day was pretty hectic due to the high interest in screen printing! But some decent prints were made, including these ones:




Next week I'm doing it again but I've prepped some stencils for people to use, if they want to, in case the whole concept is too mind bending, as sometimes it's hard to think in 'opposites'.




If you've never printed this way the stencil cut-outs act as a barrier and so when squeezing ink through the screen mesh, the stencil area will remain free of ink, creating simple shapes and if you're lucky, an image! Simples.

Thanks to Carolyn Nicoll at Thames Barrier Print Studio for asking me to roll my sleeves up and get stuck in:
http://www.thamesbarrier-printstudio.co.uk/

No comments: